This year I'm really trying not to buy any new holiday decor. This may sound silly to some but to decorating addicts like me, this is a big deal. If I had the storage space and extra cash, I could buy all new holiday decorations for every holiday every year. I've never done this but believe me, I could.
Over the past 11 years we've been married I've picked up a few things each year for the holidays (except Christmas, I think I buy like 1 million decorations each year for Christmas ;) that's a whole other post).
Anyway, I've got plenty to work with for each holiday so I'm trying to work with what I've got and not add to my stash. However, I allow myself one item per holiday if I find something really great. So much for holding myself accountable, right? :)
This Easter I really thought I was going to make it on my own stash, I'm not really into the whole bunny and chicks thing. Then I saw this:
I am a sucker for burlap and script printed fabric....
Who could resist that face??
I found him at TJ Maxx (big surprise) and I actually passed him up the first time I saw him sticking to my no new holiday decor rule.
BUT...
he was there when I went back (that never happens at TJ's)! And, this time I had a gift card that was a birthday present burning a hole in my pocket. So really, I didn't even buy him, he was a birthday present! So it kind of doesn't count as me buying a new holiday decoration, right? ;)
It was meant to be! :)
Did you buy any Easter bunnies this season or are you trying to cut back like me?
No comments:
Post a Comment