Someone stole my photo, now I need your help!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

FREE IMAGES
Hello lovelies,

Something lame happened to me.

Someone stole one of my pictures from my blog, photoshopped it, then put it on a popular flash sale website to sell their product.

Can you believe that?!

The nerve of people!!!

If they just would've asked me I probably would've let them use it with the proper photo credits.

Now my picture is all over Pinterest but doesn't lead back to my blog. : (

Here's what they did, stole my photo shown below (left), then cropped my blog name off the pic and used a photoshop like program to put their printable they were selling over the center train picture on my son's wall.
How to Make a Rustic Headboard with a Light Fixture by Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Now the altered version is floating around all over Pinterest. Would've been great exposure BUT it leads to nowhere. :(

So here's how it went down.  My friend was like, "Hey, I saw your son's room on Holly Mathis Interior's Pinterest page, isn't that cool?!  But it didn't lead back to your blog??"

I was all like... oh, Holly Mathis Interiors... wow, I'm flattered!  And, then I went and looked at it, saw that it didn't lead back to me and realized it was stolen and photoshopped.

Total buzz kill.

I was able to trace my photoshopped image back to flash site jane.  I sent them an email but I'm assuming it was the vendor, an etsy seller, that stole my picture.  I can't do much about it, the picture is removed from their site because the sale is over.  I couldn't find it on the etsy seller's store site.  If they were still using it you can ask them to take it down, if they don't, you can involve an attorney.  But what would that cost ya?

The worst part is that since Holly Mathis is super awesomely talented, she has over 21,000 Pinterest followers and they've all been repinning my stolen image leading to nowhere.  It's been repinned from her site over 100 times and who knows how many more from there.

What a bummer!

Would you help me by pinning my real image to Pinterest?

Just click on the picture below, Pin it, and then it will lead back here.

How to Make a Rustic Headboard with a Light Fixture by Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


I know I am not the first person to have my image stolen, there might even be more of my stuff out there on the interwebs that I don't even know about.  But, it stinks nonetheless.

I talked about how to prevent having your blog content and photos stolen here, by making your content unable to be copied and pasted... but I stopped doing it, maybe shouldn't have.

Thanks for listening to my vent and thanks for pinning my image!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment