My giveaway from sponsor Kate's Creative Salvage ends tomorrow... sign up HERE for a chance to win $50 worth of cute handmade tags or knobs!
I have been admiring from afar many French inspired burlap-ish stenciled pillows. I've seen lots of stencil how-to's in blogland but never actually tried it. Maybe because I already have 6000 other projects going on... I'm trying to be very picky about starting something new. Plus, did I really need another decorative pillow?? Don't answer that.
I came across this lovely bee pillow at TJ Maxx, I happily swiped it up since I had a Mother's Day gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Plus, it was super cheap! I could buy more with my gift card! Woot Woot!!
I love how it pulls the colors from my damask curtains and softens the look of our leather chair.
To make this pillow I found a similar stencil for sale online for $14.99, plus I would've had to buy fabric paint ($5), a stencil brush ($3) and a pillow ($10, if I was lucky to find the right color for that cheap). It would've cost me approximately $35 to make (plus my precious time) and I bought it for less than $15 (with a gift card no less).
So, this it the anti-diy project. Why spend your time making it when you can pay half to buy it (and use a gift card!)! Ha! :)
I realize you can't always find what you want for the right price and if that's the case, by all means, make it yourself.
I just happened to get lucky! Hope you do too!! :)
Linking: Tatertots & Jello
No comments:
Post a Comment